Smartphones have transformed our daily lives and chances are you never leave home without either a smartphone, tablet or both.
With that in mind we have listed below some great apps that are ideal for small business owners, to help you work smarter and more efficiently. We often recommend apps to new and existing clients where we can see there is time saving benefit and what’s great is the relatively low cost of apps both on the iStore for iPhone or Android marketplace for Android devices.
1. Dropbox – Get access to files whilst on the move and share information with others. Have you even been away from home or the office and needed access to a file stored on your computer? If so then this is the app for you. Share your files between multiple devices seamlessly in the cloud. Dropbox is something we use all the time here at the More Than Bookkeepers offices.
2. Weave – Need to get organised? Then this free app is what you need. Weave is a project management app that helps you get and stay organised. Create to do lists, tasks, projects and even track financial information for each project if needed.
3. Toggle – If you are a service type business then Toggle will help you track your time. The app allows you to create projects and tasks and allocate time to each one. It logs how much time is left on a project and what has been spent so far, making billing a much easier process.
4. Clear – Whilst Weave is great for managing projects you may just want a simple to do list app. If so then clear is for you. Create to do lists and stay organised, what’s great about this app is you get a satisfied feeling when you swipe completed tasks off your list.
5. Skype – A must for anyone who makes frequent calls abroad or anyone that wants to control their business telephone/mobile costs. Skype uses voip technology which enables calls to be made using 3G/Wifi connections. This allows you to make calls abroad at a fraction of the cost of using a mobile or landline.
6. Xero – The list wouldn’t be complete with giving a mention to these final two app. Xero is an awesome accounting system that we love here and is an integral part of the online bookkeeping service we offer. In particular the app allows you to view you business financial information, reconcile your bank account and view customer and supplier contact details whilst on the move.
7. Receipt Bank – Never lose a receipt again and keep your bookkeeper and/or accountant happy. For a small monthly fee you can take pictures of your receipts and send them to Receipt Bank who will process them for you ready to send across to Xero (see above). No more expense claims to complete and no need to worry about losing receipts.
There are many more apps available for small businesses. If you have any you can or would like to recommend then let us know below.